Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Makiga Something Something

It was on a monday evening, one of those cold evenings. My friend George gave me company as I dropped to Eldoret town to fetch me a modem. It only felt fair that I also accompany him as he checked on his grandma who recently stepped on a nail. So we're waiting for the doctor and I see this Ad on Makiga something something. It's a machine for making interlocking building bricks, I think. The guy on the Ad says it can cut off your building budget by 50% and goes ahead to mention several other benefits. My biggest worry is "DOES THE BUILDING MADE FROM THE BRICKS LAST?"

You and I can go ahead and mention some new products on the market that have very nice adverts, filled with all kinds of spectaculars. The game plan here is to make a substandard product that will earn you quick cash; a product that addresses a market characterized by a continuously changing demand; a product that will save you enough change to consider buying more of the product.

Makiga something something is the product in this case.

1 comment: