Saturday, July 12, 2014

I'm back, but sick.

I had almost forgotten that I have a blog. I've been a little busy with my internship with PamojaTogether for the past 1.5 months and that would be the reason for so many cobwebs and the foul smell on these walls. Apart from that, I'm trying to enjoy life while I can. Most people forget to do so. This week has been sad following deaths in every part of the country. RIP to the souls we've lost.

I really didn't know any of the people that have passed on this week, but I also had my own share of 'grief'. I just came home because I didn't want SabaSaba to find me in Raila's lovely hometown, Bondo. 2 days later, I'm brought to the ground with Malaria & Typhoid. FYI, these 2 ninjas have never attacked me at the same time. Trust me when I tell you it's nothing to joke about.

I hate being sick. I hate the tablets, yes, but that's partly the reason. I hate the unstable moods, yes, but that's partly the reason. I hate the drawing of blood for testing, yes, but that's partly the reason. I hate the waiting in long queues at the clinic, yes, but that's partly the reason. The main reason why I hate being sick is, whether you like it or not, you will have to be off Mary Jane, alcohol, tobacco or anything that floats your goat. This is not for 2 or 3 days but at least a week.

If you had to be off 'medication' for a week, thank your God. I didn't want to ask my doctor about the period that I should stay off any illicit substance. I knew he'd tell me a month. So, I decided to take it up with the cute nurse at the pharmacy. She told me 2 WEEKS! 2 FREAKING WEEKS. I'm 2 days into the fortnight and I don't like it at all!

Well, I just hope that I'll be feeling great after the 2 weeks. Having a threesome with Malaria & Typhoid for 3 consecutive days has drained me weak.

No comments:

Post a Comment